For many years I have been supporting colleges and schools on their journey from graded to ungraded developmental lesson observations and have presented at a series of national events on this theme, often in collaboration with Professor Matt O’Leary. I am the author of a chapter on coaching within lesson observations in the book edited by Professor Matt O’Leary, “Reclaiming Lesson Observation”
I am an experienced observer of lessons, both for developmental and quality purposes, so provide services in this area.
- Consultancy and planning support on improving observation cycles so that they deliver development for the college/school
- Consultancy and training related to setting up effective peer observation cycles
- Developmental feedback training for observers so that their feedback leads to improvement
- Building reflection skills for teachers so that they can take ownership of personal development in the lesson observation process
- Observing live teaching and giving constructive written and oral feedback
- Solution focused coaching training for observers, teacher educators and coaches/mentors, to foster reflection and development