I have over twenty years of experience in teaching and teacher training in the post 16 sector. I can deliver a range of tailored or bespoke sessions to help teachers improve their skills in the classroom.
Some key areas of interest are:
- Classroom approaches to embedding English into vocational courses
- Stretching and challenging learners through differentiated methods and approaches
- Using questioning techniques effectively in class
- Giving verbal and written feedback that creates improvement
- Assessment methods and how they can improve learning
- Practical approaches to personalising learning through classroom practices
- What is active and independent learning and how can we encourage it?
- Developing skills of apprenticeship tutors/assessors in target setting, feedback and learner reviews