I have delivered at national conference events for Sector Training, New Bubbles Grade One Training, National Advanced Practitioner Conference, AOC and ATL Union on a range of CPD topics. I have over twenty-five years of experience in teaching and teacher training in the post 16 sector.
I deliver a range of bespoke sessions to help teachers improve their skills in the classroom. Some key areas of interest are:
- Making learning stick using insights from cognitive science
- Stretching and challenging learners through planning and classroom approaches
- Feedback and feed forward skills to create improvement
- Using questioning techniques to engage and stretch learners
- Practical approaches to embedding English into classroom practice
Maximizing learning with apprentices