I am a qualified and experienced coach and acted as special adviser on the 2019 Education and Training Foundation National Development Programme for Advanced Practitioners in the UK. I have supported over thirty colleges with the set up and skills development of their coaching/Advanced Practitioner groups.
I deliver a range of 1:1 and group sessions related to solution focused coaching approaches. These approaches are useful in motivating people to change/develop, make an improvement plan and take the steps to carry it through into action. These skills can be used to improve managers’ performance, to develop teaching and learning expertise and to help strategic planners think and plan more effectively.
In relation to solution focused coaching, I deliver the services below:
- Training for groups to build their solution focused coaching skills -for Advanced Practitioners or Teaching and Learning Coaches or curriculum managers
- 1:1 appointments with staff to discuss coaching experiences, review progress and form an individual action plan
- Group review sessions related to issues that arise in coaching conversations – trouble shooting followed by action planning next steps
- Consultancy and planning support on setting up and developing your coaching/Advanced Practitioner network
- Training on how to embed coaching in your culture so that it joins up with wider quality improvement cycles and initiatives