Would you like some space and time to review your CPD processes and plans?
Could you benefit from using a coach to think through ways to enhance your T&L culture?
Would you like to hear about effective practices from other colleges in the FE sector?
Do you need support to join up the improvement planning and implementation processes in college?
Many colleges I am working with face challenges with planning and implementing improvement. I know it is often difficult to follow through on a good idea for development or a training day that staff enjoyed but may not act on.
The issues faced include:
1. Engaging stakeholders and getting buy in
2. Communicating key messages
3. Identifying appropriate milestones and maintaining momentum
4. Tracking and evidencing impact of development work
5. Capturing hard and soft outcomes of improvement work
6. Joining up all the elements cohesively (CPD, coaching, mentoring, observation cycles, SARS etc)
To support these elements, I will be offering the following new services from September 2014, to ensure greater follow through than I am able to provide in training days:
1. Desk review of your improvement plans plus written recommendations, followed up with practice sharing/coaching/mentoring/ advisory phone calls to help you drive the work forward
2. Planning sessions face to face, involving an element of review then planning of next steps; phone coaching for follow up
3. Follow up planning and review after a CPD delivery that I have done with your teachers – this could involve phone coaching or face to face follow up with individuals or a group of staff
These sessions will help colleges keep the work on track, incorporate helpful practices from the wider sector and focus on useful next steps. I am a qualified and experienced coach and project manager and I hope that using this expertise more widely this year will enhance the work you are doing.
For colleges wanting to build capacity in planning and implementing improvement work, I also train groups of key staff to use coaching and/or project management skills in their college roles. See here for further details: Services
For further information, I hope you will get in touch:Contact